Today we were learning when to use a and when to use an before a word. If a word begins with a vowel (a-e-i-o-u) or a silent h for example I want an apple for morning tea or I want an ukulele to play with. When we use a we use it for words beginning with all the other words except for the vowels. The DLO above shows you what we use 'an' or 'a' for. I have also included pictures.
Wednesday, 9 August 2017
Today we were learning when to use a and when to use an before a word. If a word begins with a vowel (a - e -i - o - u) or a silent h (eg: hour) we use an.
- eg: I saw an umbrella flying.
We use a for all other words.
- eg: I am eating a piece of fruit.
The photo shows the sentences we wrote to help us practise using a or an.
Monday, 7 August 2017
Congratulations to all our Panmure Bridge Winter Learning Journey bloggers. We are so proud of you!
The images above reflect the participation in the Winter Learning Journey from Panmure Bridge's Learning Space 2. Congratulations to Daniel, Oh Hsen, AJ, Alex (LS1), Ofa and Eric our main prize winners; Nazella who got a special mention; and everyone who took part. Our top two bloggers, Oh Hsen and Daniel each commented 500 times on fellow blogger's posts!
A huge thank you to Rachel and her team for creating an exciting learning adventure that took our students on a virtual tour around New Zealand, and for the many, many comments made to everyone who took part.
Wednesday, 2 August 2017
Since woman's rights was a big issue in the olden days our reading topic this term related . We watched a youtube video about the suffragette movement and wrote a 25 word summary on "what was the suffragette movement". . I found this quite hard because it isn't a skill that I have mastered (summary) but talking to my group helped me make my connection.
- 85 people from PBS went to a Warriors game. ⅕ of them got to meet the players. How many people didn’t get to meet the warriors?
- In Thailand there were 80 boats parked along the shores ¼ of them sailed away to find fish. How many of them stayed?
- 24 students went to the shop and ¼ came back to school. How many people stayed at the shop.
- 45 people went and played handball. ⅕ of them went to have something to eat. How many of them are left playing handball?
- 28 People from PBS were given a piece of pizza. 1/7 did not eat any. How many people did not eat any pizza?
- 36 people went to the NBA finals. ¼ did not get picked to play in the finals. How many people played in the NBA finals?
- Freeman had 300 pens he had to share ½. How many does he have know?
- Affonso had 18 pieces of pizza. He had to share with 7/9 of his pizza with others. How many pieces does he have left?
- They are 500 apples Josh had to pick 2/4 of the apples off the trees. How many are still on the trees?
- P.B.S got 1000 bananas they had to share 4/8 with other schools. How many do they have now?
Today our group collaborated to create some fraction word problems for our friends to solve. It helped us think about the strategies we use for finding fractions of whole numbers, and it will help them practise their strategies when they find the answers.