Pages

Sunday 20 October 2013

Asmah's Orientation

LI: Write an orientation that hooks the reader in.


‘I hate this! I hate this! I hate this!’ I screamed in my head as Dad was taking out the bait and rods out of the backseat of the car. 
“Alright Alex, now park the car.” Dad instructed as he gently closed the door, stepping back he nodded at me to go for it. I sighed and gave a low groan under my breath. Suddenly something vibrated in my pocket, searching through my pocket of my pants, I took out my phone and pressed it against my ear as I parked the car on the scorching sand. ‘This seems to be a good place’ I thought as I turned off the angry car and stepped out on the sand, my flip-flops scrunching the tiny shells under my feet. As I was walking away from the car, 
“Alex! Look at what you’ve done!!!” Dad hollered at me with horror. He pointed behind me and I gave him a puzzled look.  
“What are you talking...” My words were lost as my eyes had widened with the first shock this morning. The car was taking a swim, as if the heat of the sun was too much for it to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment