Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Five Minutes at Camp by Henry

My heart was racing and my head was pounding. I knew I could do it. While I was putting the harness on I was mentally getting myself ready. It was time to climb. 

As I took my first step I was terrified so I inched my way up the ladder. It was not long until I started shaking, my palms were sweating so much I thought I was going to lose my grip. I could see heaven. I could taste the fear in my mouth. 

When I got to the top I hugged the pole with all my might before Jonny made me let go. I began to walk across. I think I was walking like my hundred year old grandpa! I didn't want to do it but I had friends cheering me on. I didn't want to disappoint them so I pulled my socks up and walked across with confidence. I was really proud of myself because I had challenged myself. 

I soon found out that the scary part was still to come. I had to jump off! I was panicking in my head and thinking "How is this rope going to hold me?" Eventually I took a breath and swung down.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Henry,

    I like your 5 minute at camp it is very interesting and you got cool photos.

    Keep it up

    Andre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Henry

    I really like how you described your story with personification

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Henry

    I really like how your story starts off with great hook. I also like how your story makes sentence and how it also ends really good.

    By Kapri

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Henry it looks like you had a lot of fun climbing up and down the high ropes, and I like how you have written your 5 minute snapshot of camp and I had a really clear picture in my head seing you doing the high ropes.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Henry,

    I really enjoyed reading your five minutes at camp story.
    You must of had a heap of fun, I can't wait until I go to camp.Your photos look amazing. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete